Anyone speak English on here?

Anyone speak English on here?

Hello,

I am a German-American who was born in Essen and have lived in the United States since 1965. Prior to coming to America, I lived in a number of orphanages in Germany on account that my mother was unable to care for me since she suffered from schizophrenia. She spent the last 26 years of her life living at the Rheinisches Landeskrankenhaus, Bedburg-Hau, dying there in 2000. I have a lot of memories, most not so good, of my days living in the orphanages and share very similar experiences to the ones that I've read about here on this forum. It went especially bad for me since my mother told the authorities at the time that I had an American father. I have contacted LWL who for whatever reason, are having a great deal of difficulty finding records of my time spent in orphanages there. Personally, I don't understand why it should be so difficult for them to access records in archives. In any case, I would love to be able to speak with someone on this website that might understand English and can maybe enlighten me as to where I may have been placed. I still have a lot of memories of my times in these places. Looking forward to speaking with someone. Take care!
      Dr. Gerd Naydock

Übersetzung

Spricht hier jemand Englisch?

Hallo

Ich bin ein Deutsch-Amerikaner, der in Essen geboren wurde und in den Vereinigten Staaten seit 1965 lebt.
      Bevor ich nach Amerika ging, lebte ich in einer Reihe von Waisenhäusern in Deutschland,
      denn meine Mutter konnte nicht für mich sorgen, sie litt an Schizophrenie.
      Sie verbrachte die letzten 26 Jahre ihres Lebens im Rheinischen Landeskrankenhaus Bedburg-Hau, wo sie im Jahr 2000 verstarb.
      Ich habe eine Menge Erinnerungen an diese Tage, vom Leben in den Waisenhäusern
      und teile viele dieser Erfahrungen von denen ich in diesem Forum las.
      Mir ging es dort vor allem deshalb schlecht, da meine Mutter den Behörden sagte, dass mein Vater Amerikaner sei.

Ich habe den LWL kontaktiert, die aus welchem Grund auch immer,
      Schwierigkeiten haben Aufzeichnungen von meiner Zeit in den Waisenhäusern zu finden.
      Persönlich kann ich mir nicht vorstellen warum es so schwierig ist auf Datensätze dieser Zeit zuzugreifen.
      Auf jeden Fall würde ich gerne mit jemanden auf dieser Webseite der Englisch spricht über diese Angelegenheit sprechen,
      der mir vielleicht sagen kann wo ich jetzt noch ansetzen kann. Würde mich über ein Gespräch mit jemanden freuen.

Macht es gut.

Hello Gerd,

I hope you find someone there can help you to find answers.
      My English isn´t good enough for a talk with you.

Greets Dreamer
      Hi Dreamer,setze dein licht nicht unter einen Scheffel,Du hast eine der besten Uebersetzungen die ich je hier vom engl. zum deutschen gelesen habe.Koenntest doch mal versuchen dich mit Gert zu unterhalten vielleicht kommt sein deutsc hwieder durch auch wenns holpert den Du hast ja in dieser Sache mehr erfahrung.Ich war im Krieg geboren,habe keinerlei ansprueche und Weiss nur wasich hier so lese,also keine Hilfe.

Gert,why dont you contact Dreamer per PN to get his number and call him and see if you guys can have a conversation,see if there is enough in in either language or a mix of it to talk turkey.
      Hello Gerd,

my english is not the best, but I will try!

The difficulties in finding your records might be, that they have been destroyed a long time ago.

What might work is, that you try to get your adress registrations of that time. This could give you a hint, where you might have been during your childhood.

What do you remember about your orphanages? Do you remember any places? Did you ask the "Jugendamt" if they still have records of you? This might be a chance too.

Take care too - I will translate your further requests, so that anyone can try to give you advice.

Dreamer2013 schrieb:

I hope you find someone there can help you to find answers.
      My English isn´t good enough for a talk with you.
      Hey Dreamer,

ich kann versuchen dich zu übersetzen, falls du Hinweise geben kannst. Kenne mich in NRW nicht so aus. Das gilt auch für alle anderen, die Gerd Tipps geben wollen. Ich werde alles übersetzen.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Gartenzwerg“ ()

Hello Gerd, =)

welcome here in our forum and I hope, you can find the answers for your questions. I'am going to school and so I can train my english in the conversation ;) .

Some users speak English, so you may to feel very well between us.

Best regards
      kliv
      Tapferkeit ist das Vermögen und der überlegte Vorsatz,
      einen starken aber ungerechten Gegner Widerstand zu leisten.
      (Immanuel Kant)

Der Ziellose erleidet sein Schicksal, der Zielbewusste gestaltet es.
      (Immanuel Kant)

Thanks to everyone for their kind responses. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to respond sooner as I've been extremely busy finishing up my doctoral degree plus working. I plan to visit Germany either late summer or early autumn. I truly wish I knew the names of the orphanages in which I was placed in the early 1960s. I'm positive that they were run by the Catholic church. Who can forget those nuns? I'm also guessing that they were located not far from Essen. I hope that everyone is doing well and many thanks for the translation. I can speak German better than I can write it. Happy holidays to all.

Sincerely,

Gerd
      Dr. Gerd Naydock
      Gerd ,so you post a question at the beginning of July and don't skow up in this forum till 6 months later. Your description of lacation are to vague. I think your best bet is to come to Germany,rent a car and hit some of the Einwohnermelde Aemter in towns you my have lived . Check out existing catholic heims and talk with them,ask what they know of old or not anymore existing heims. Good Luck
      Hello everyone,

Obviously I don't get on here very often. I contacted the authorities in Germany and they can tell me nothing based on the records. Interestingly enough, they are still offering me up to 10,000 Euros which I might use to come over and do some research. It is possible that I was living at Waisenhaus Schloss Schellenberg, Essen-Rellinghausen or the Franz Sales Haus in Essen. I simply don't know and they are having difficulty finding records. In any case, I'm now Herr Dr. Naydock. Not bad for a poor orphan from Essen who ended up in the USA. Hope all of you are well and best wishes for wonderful holiday season and healthy, happy new year.

All the best,

Gerd
      Dr. Gerd Naydock
      Gerd,my time in a Heim was in 44 and 45.As such I dont qualify for any of there compensations.My best advise would be to question the Einwohnermelde Amt in Towns in which you think you have lived. have you any recollection of any attendance of a church,just maybe the records of the church have some hint.Others have mentiond the Jugend Amt .I am not sure if this is a city or county office.
      If all else fails call the German Embassy or a Consulate in Philly ,I think they have one .

Anyone speak English here? --- Ich lebe seit meiner Vorschulzeit in den USA.

SHORT INTRODUCTION = KURZE VORSTELLUNG.

Gerd R. Naydock [ @
      https://www.quora.com/profile/Gerd-R-Naydock ]

[ SHORTER THAN SHORT. = NUR GANZ KURZ. ]

»"If thou art pained by any external thing, it is not this thing that disturbs thee, but thine own judgment about it. And it is in thy power to wipe out this judgment now." Marcus Aurelius
      My mother brought me to the United States in 1965 from the industrial city of Essen, Germany. I grew up in the outskirts of Baltimore, MD. After barely graduating high school, I briefly worked in a paint factory amidst all kinds of toxic crap and ended up in a severe state of melancholic thinking that this was all there was to life. I made the fateful decision that the Marine Corps was my way out of an otherwise unhappy situation. I still have no regrets about having made this decision. In addition []«

SOURCE: https://www.quora.com/profile/Gerd-R-Naydock

"Dissertation Defense - January 14, 2015"+"Gerd Naydock"
      @
      https://www.quora.com/profile/Gerd-R-Naydock (YouTube video length: 1:16:36)
      Published on Jan 17, 2015
      "At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for Doctor of Psychology (Clinical) Degree."

Dr. Gerd Naydock @
      https://www.quora.com/profile/Gerd-R-Naydock
      "Freedom is being you, without anyone’s permission."

Short summation of Gerd Nadock’s life story @ https://www.quora.com/profile/Gerd-R-Naydock

Gerd R. Naydock, Psy.D, LCSW - Greater Philadelphia Area > ABOUT ME: @ https://www.quora.com/profile/Gerd-R-Naydock

Gerd Ralph Naydock, LSW - Social Worker (Please Note: This is an older online entry)

Was this your Name as a small child in German children’s homes? = War dies Dein Name als Kleinkind in deutschen Heimen?

When approximately where you in these German children’s homes? What year(s)? At what age? = So ungefähr wann warst Du in diesen deutschen Kinderheimen? In welchem Jahr? Über welche Jahre hinweg? In welchem Alter?

––––––––––––––––––––
      Eine Verhandlung oder ein Verfahren ohne QUALIFIZIERTEN juristischen Rechtsbeistand, Recht und Gesetz ist wie ein Gebäude ohne Fundament – ein Kartenhaus.

Heimkinder appellieren an VATER STAAT und MUTTER KIRCHE Sühne zu tun:
      Ein Denkmal in Musik gesetzt

Freiheit ist keine Selbstverständlichkeit; sie bedarf ständiger Wachsamkeit.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Martini“ ()

Dear Martini,
      It looks as though you have done a bit of research. Thank you for taking the time. I simply don't know how to obtain records in Germany.

To answer your questions, my German Certificate of Birth indicates that I was born as Gerd-Ralph Naydock on June 28, 1960 at St. Elisabeth Krankenhaus in Essen. My mother's name was Gerda Ilse Naydock, geboren Koepke. Since my mother had severe mental illness, I spent most of the years between 1960 and 1965 in these Kinderheimen. So since birth until the age of 5. I still have lots of memories of the times spent there and they are quite vivid. I am currently writing a book and any information that you might find along the way would be very helpful. Please keep in touch.

Thank you!

Gerd
      Dr. Gerd Naydock

Anyone speak English here? --- Ich lebe seit meiner Vorschulzeit in den USA.

Hello »Atukazhit« / Gerd
      Hallo Gerd / »
      Atukazhit«

Information für Gerd Naydock
      Information for Gerd Naydock

ERSTENS:

Das katholische Franz-Sales-Haus, in Essen, war damals anscheinend auch „eine Einrichtung für behinderte Kinder“. Siehe @
      http://www.franz-sales-haus.de

Es gibt hier in unserem HEIMKINDER-FORUM.DE einen Thread, der sich »Essen, Franz Sales Haus« benennt und sich mit diesem katholischen Kinderheim befasst. Dieser Thread ist hier @ http://heimkinder-forum.de/v4x/index.php/Thread/6464-Essen-Franz-Sales-Haus/ zu finden.

Weitere vielseitige Berichte zu diesem katholischen Franz-Sales-Haus, in Essen, findest Du aber auch unter folgendem Thread: »
      So viel zu den Kindesmisshandlungen im Franz-Sales-Haus (Essen)!! Vorsicht Triggergefahr« @ http://heimkinder-forum.de/v4x/index.php/Thread/10279-So-viel-zu-den-Kindesmisshandlungen-im-Franz-Sales-Haus-Essen-Vorsicht-Triggerge/

ZWEITENS:

Was das katholische Kinderheim »Rellinghausen Essen, Kinderheim Schloß Schellenberg« betrifft, so gibt es folgende GESCHICHTE-Schilderung darüber @
      http://schloss-schellenberg.de/

Dort heißt es unter anderem:

»Als neue Nutzung der Schlossanlage erfolgte im Jahr 1919/20 eine Verpachtung an den katholischen Förderverein für Frauen, Mädchen und Kinder. Diese Nutzung als Kinder- und Mütterheim endet 1967. In den 70er Jahren übernimmt die Höhere Landespolizei das Schloss Schellenberg, die dort Seminare und Schulungen durchführt. Für diese Nutzung erfolgt eine komplette Neusanierung der einzelenen Gebäudeteile in den 80er und 90er Jahren des 20. Jahrhunderts.«

Additionally I have found some old postcards. = Zusätzlich habe ich ein paar alte Postkarten gefunden. - Maybe they jog your memory. = Vielleicht rufen diese ja irgend etwas in Erinnerung für Dich.

POSTKARTE: Rellinghausen Essen, Kinderheim Schloß Schellenberg @
      http://www.arkivi-bildagentur.de/articles/a381623-rellinghausen-essen-kinderheim-schloss-schellenberg

POSTKARTE: Rellinghausen Essen, Kinderheim Schloß Schellenberg @ http://www.arkivi-bildagentur.de/articles/a380921

POSTKARTE: Rellinghausen Essen, Kinderheim Schloß Schellenberg @ http://www.akpool.co.uk/postcards/24096246-postcard-essen-rellinghausen-kinderheim-schloss-schellenberg

POSTKARTE: Rellinghausen Essen, Kinderheim Schloß Schellenberg @ http://www.akpool.de/ansichtskarten/24102093-ansichtskarte-postkarte-essen-rellinghausen-kinderheim-schloss-schellenberg

––––––––––––––––––––
      Eine Verhandlung oder ein Verfahren ohne QUALIFIZIERTEN juristischen Rechtsbeistand, Recht und Gesetz ist wie ein Gebäude ohne Fundament – ein Kartenhaus.

Heimkinder appellieren an VATER STAAT und MUTTER KIRCHE Sühne zu tun:
      Ein Denkmal in Musik gesetzt

Freiheit ist keine Selbstverständlichkeit; sie bedarf ständiger Wachsamkeit.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Martini“ ()

Hallo Martin.

Ich bin für die Zeit, um diese Elemente zu erforschen Ihnen sehr dankbar . Ist es möglich , zu wissen, zu welcher Waisenhäuser , die jüngsten Kinder in Essen oder in NRW geschickt wurden ? Ich denke, in Anfang ich auf Schloss Schellenberg war, aber ich erinnere mich der Fahrt in einem Dampfzug zu einem anderen Waisen begleitet von einem Sozialarbeiter.
      Dr. Gerd Naydock